Rules for Managing Your Mental Health
Guidelines for Maintaining Psychological Wellness
But there is one thing you should know about us. Our editors swear by these maxims for maintaining positive mental health and pursuing meaningful, fulfilling lives. Even if you don’t agree with our guidelines elsewhere, please take the following to heart:
- Don’t dwell on what’s making you anxious for more than a day. The next step is to figure out what you want to do, even if that’s just letting go.
- In no event should you ever go against your instincts.
- Put your weight on the side you’re fighting. One unfinished task will always be occupying prime real estate in your subconscious. If you can cross that item off your list, you will feel relieved.
- In the same way that you show kindness and consideration to others, you should extend that same treatment to yourself.
- Don’t spruce up a ditch if you find yourself in it.
- Maintain control over your own happiness by always being true to who you are.
- Get out there and be present for yourself. Even if you don’t feel like it today, your future self will be grateful that you did.
- It’s important to make peace with the past so that it doesn’t continue to haunt you in the present.
- Let go of your resentment and forgive the person who wronged you; doing otherwise only serves to torment yourself.